Any short list of Florida’s best buildings must include The Breakers. Indeed, when the American Institute of Architects released its list “100 Years, 100 Places” to mark its centennial in 2012, The Breakers placed No. 7. Designed by the same New York firm that drew up the legendary Waldorf Astoria hotel, Schultze and Weaver, The Breakers opened in December 1926, and actually is the third hotel on the site. The first, the Palm Beach Inn, was built by railroad magnate and Florida history superstar Henry Flagler in 1896. When that wooden hotel, renamed The Breakers in 1901 because of its proximity to the Atlantic Ocean, burned to the ground in 1903, it was replaced by a second wooden hotel.