THIS horrifying picture shows the jumble of plastic pollutants that killed a baby sea turtle.Hundreds of pieces of colourful plastic were pulled from the digestive system of the tiny turtle last week.So much was crammed into its oesophagus and intestines that food got wedged between the rubbish, meaning the baby sea creature slowly starved to death. The jumble of plastic pollutants that killed a baby sea turtle The picture was posted on Facebook by Chloe Garland from Kingsbridge, Devon, who is working at a rescue centre in Brazil.The compassionate Brit, who previously spent time in South Africa rescuing penguins, was heartbroken seeing the state of the sea turtle which was so skinny the chest bones could be seen through her skin.
Now her pictures have been shared thousands of times and are being used to campaign against rubbish in the sea.Chloe wrote on her Facebook post, which has now been shared more than 5,000 times: “A young sea turtle came into the rescue centre last week. The tiny sea turtle that died after ingesting plastic rubbish. “She died and the necropsy showed her entire digestive system was packed with various pieces of plastic, fishing wires and other various trash.